I’m gonna keep things abbreviated today cuz I really only have two things to say and I want you to hear em loud and clear. 1) Go out tomorrow, cast your ballot then drop it like it’s hot. 2) Make this goddamn soup. My roommate May made it up. Whoever you make it for will want to have your babies. End of public service announcement.
Smoky Sweet Potato & Corn Black Bean Soup
- half a yellow onion, chopped
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- one big tomato, diced
- one big carrot, diced
- one big sweet potato, diced
- 1/2 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- two cans of black beans (pureed them a bit before adding)
- one canfull of water (or enough to cover the other ingredients)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- “magical south africa smoky pepper flakes” or liquid smoke
1. Sauté garlic and onions in a splash of oil in a medium pot for 4-5 minutes, until golden. 2. Add the tomato, carrots, sweet potato, corn, black beans, and water. Leave to simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the veggies are soft. Season with salt, pepper, cumin, and magic to taste.