- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 shallot, chopped
- generous pinch of chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons Earth Balance margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved or quartered
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped coarsely
Preheat oven to 400º
1. Toss the Brussels sprouts with olive oil, rosemary and salt. Pour on a foil-lined cookie sheet and roast 15-20 minutes, or until soft throughout.
2. In the last 5 minutes of baking, spread the walnuts on a baking sheet and toast for 4-5 minutes.
4. Arrange the sprouts on a serving dish and pour apple-butter sauce over. Garnish with toasted walnuts.