It’s been a loooong time ‘comin, but here is the next glorious way to love a chickpea (for those of you newer to Veganizzm, I’m working up to 50 ways. You can see them all in their garbanzo-y glory by clicking that there link). Make this for your next BBQ and spark instant friendship/love and devotion from anyone who tries it. Bring it in your lunchbox and make your tastebuds sing and do a little jig at work. Keep it in the fridge for leftovers dinners (or hangover food binges) and feel your body giving you a hug.
Israeli Chickpea Quinoa Salad
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 2-3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 green onion stem, chopped
- 1 cup quinoa (I used 1/2 red + 1/2 white)
- 2 cups salted water or veggie broth
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- salt + pepper to taste
1. Heat water/broth in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Reduce head and add the quinoa. Cook until tender, 10-15 minutes. Drain any excess water and set aside to cool.
2. Combine the cuke, tomatoes, chickpeas, and green onion in a medium bowl. Top with lemon juice and olive oil and stir to combine. Mix in with the cooled quinoa; add salt and pepper to taste. Serve chilled.