It’s sort of unbelievable to me that this recipe isn’t on here yet.
Like, what have I even been doing.
I don’t eat a TON of tofu, but when I do I am usually rapidly shoving this particular tofu at my face hole and crying because I want more and forgot to double the recipe.
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary (fresh is fantastic but dried works too!)
Baked Tofu with Caramelized Onions
- 1 package (14 oz) Extra firm tofu, pressed pressed pressed!
- Rosemary-Balsamic Marinade
- 1 onion, sliced into rounds
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Whisk together the marinade ingredients. Slice tofu into about 6 blocks lengthwise. Press the tofu into the marinade, coating each piece thoroughly. Place tofu, sliced onions, and marinade in a sealed container in the fridge for several hours or overnight.
2. Once the tofu is rullll good and marinated, preheat oven to 400º. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and place tofu and onions on the sheet, pouring excess marinade on top. Bake at 400º for 40 minutes or until the tofu is crispy and the marinade is bubbling. (Hint: for softer onions add them in later. You can also caramelize them stovetop or in a dutch oven. Read ALL about caramelizing onions here).