Hey y’allz. I’m in the process of moving over some older recipes from my original Veganizzm website, so if you’ve been riding the V-train for a while you might see some oldie-but-goodie recipes. Enjoy!
Snow my god. I know I always go on and on about how good my dishes are blah blah blah but SERIOUSLY this shit is awesome. I could eat this alfredo sauce for breakfast, second breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, and dessert and not get tired of it. I will not fess up to anything but I can tell you it’s good enough to eat a blender-full of the stuff straight up with a spoon.
Truth be told, this joyful experience is due largely to the fact that this was my first exposure to cashew cheese. Whether you’re vegan, raw, carnivorous, omnivorous, westnilevorous, or only eat dirt you should try this cashew cheese alfredo sauce. It’s awesome. If you’re not a ragin’ vegan like me and don’t dream in vegetables you can also try this sauce on regular ol’ pasta! Either way, dig in and report back how fantazz it is.
Carrot “Fettucini” Noodles
- 1 zucchini
- 3 carrots (or however many you want)
Creamy Cheezy Cashew Alfredo Sauce
- juice of 1/2 a lemon (~1-2 Tablespoons)
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
1. With a vegetable peeler, peel the carrots and zucchini into long, thin strips.
2. Combine the sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend 30-40 seconds, until you have a smooth, creamy sauce.
3. Coat the bottom of a large pan with olive oil and heat on medium-high heat. When hot, add the carrots and zucchini with a sprinkle of salt. Toss frequently with tongs until the veggie soften. Keep tossing until the carrots and zucchini strips begin to brown on the edges but before they burn.
4. Remove the sautéed veggies from the pan and combine in a large bowl with the alfredo sauce. Toss well, being sure to coat all of the “fettucini.” Garnish with fresh cracked black pepper!