Hiya! I’m in the process of moving over some older recipes from my original Veganizzm website, so if you’ve been riding the V-train for a while you might see some oldie-but-goodie recipes. Enjoy!
In my lifetime I have spent many an hour huddled over a campfire, painstakingly rotating a twig bent in despair from the weight of a dense, gooey marshmallow. The noble quest was always to achieve highly esteemed and oh-so-tasty golden brown perfection. Last summer I worked as a camp counselor and was reminded of the cheap thrill s’more-making gives kids (and adults). I thoroughly understand the importance of a good s’more and decided I would do it justice by creating the cadillac of cookies. I adapted and simplified a beloved chocolate chip cookie recipe to what I will shamelessly call dessert perfection.
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax seed
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (or 1/2 whole wheat + 3/4 AP)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped vegan marshmallows
- 4 vegan graham crackers, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 350º. In a small dish, mix together the flax seed and water.
2. In a food processor or large bowl, mix together the flax mixture, margarine, sugar, and vanilla until smooth and set aside.
4. Roll into about 24-26 balls and place on a plate or pan lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake at 350º for 10-12 minutes, until marshmallow & chocolate are gooey.
When the cookies are done, allow to stand 10 minutes (if you can wait that long). Perfect with a glass of soy milk!